Translate

My photo
Alberta, Canada
I'm glad you arrived, please do come in.. I hope you enjoy my Homemade crafty items. Feel free to leave a comment and if you have any questions I'll do my best to reply. I've been having better luck with my Mojo but still have a tendency to get lost in the game. I lose my mojo and I just wait for some inspiration to hit and then I'll scrap again. I'm sure others know what I'm talking about. We just plain run out of ideas for a moment! Sooner or later things are kicking back into gear! YAY! For those that stop by and leave comments, I greatly appreciate it. Even stop by just to say Hi.. I will try to get back to your blog too. I hope you have a great day, I hope you enjoy your visit! Sherry

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Have you tried the Imaginisce iTop Brad Maker?

If you love this tool, but hate the uneven edges it can produce.. follow this little trick I found on the net to creat smooth even edges that almost make them look store bought.  No more points.. no more visible lines..  this trick is worth giving it a try.   These brads were made from cardboard paper plates, so they are much thicker than just regular paper and still I'm so pleased with how they turned out.   Have the Imaginisce iTop Brad Maker... give this a try and let me know how your brads turned out.

I recently seen a video I believe it was on youtube from Imaginisce, but  I can't be sure.. to many earthbound souls, erry lifeless souls looking for someone to invade, I think one got me!! lol  my brain just isn't the same. teehee


Anyway enough with the silliness I watched an Imaginisce produced video.. and todays post is for those of us that LOVE the Imaginisce I Top Brad Maker.    I just love being able to make a brad to what ever my little heart desires, but always hated the little ridges that are created after using the Imaginisce paper punch and the brad is completed.  You know its just not the perfect look... I've studied many crafters who use the brad maker, and look to see just how well theirs turn out and if they can get there edge to look smooth.. or what tricks they did to cover up the sides..   WELL HOLD ON.. cause this video that I watched gave a fantastic trick tip and I just had to share it with everyone, well to those that stop by anyway!

After punching out your image, paper, or what ever it is you want to make a brad out of, lay paper towel on the table and place your cut paper, in between folded paper towel,  then wet the towel..   don't soak your paper.. but sightly dampen it.  on both sides.    Then continue the steps of making your brad, making sure the edges are good and tucked in before you clamp the back on.  When your brad is made.. roll the finished brad all around the counter.. to flatten the edges.  I used extra firm pressure as what I made my brads from were cardboard paper food plates, so you all know how stiff and how the ridges would be extremely hard and pokey...   WELL ROLL ON!    Give it a try... Here is a few pictures.. could you guess that those are made from paper plates??  They are almost perfect.. and you would have to look twice to see that it actually does have edges but they are so pressed in they blend in...  What a Great tip Imaginice had!!
If I could find that video I'd show you.. but then again.. to many invasions and not enough memory!!




TAKE A LOOK UP CLOSE!!  Well do you think it worked??   ohh I just love this trick!


I'd love to know how it worked for you, so please share your experiences with me.  
Happy Brad Making!
OH yes and a very spooky Halloween!!
Sherry

4 comments:

  1. Those brads are adorable! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Marlene... not sure how many will see this trick as not alot of people use the Brad Maker.. but boy its changed semi OK brads into almost perfect, professional looking Brads. I wanted to share that trick I hope someone sees it and trys... I've only tried it on cardboard and it turned out so good.. I could only imagine how good it would be and regular cardstock.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These turned out great. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow great job,your flowers are awesome also,so pleased i found your blog,Trish

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate so much, when you stop by and take time to leave me a message. Many thanks to all of you.

Sherry