Translate

My photo
Alberta, Canada
I'm glad you arrived, please do come in.. I hope you enjoy my Homemade crafty items. Feel free to leave a comment and if you have any questions I'll do my best to reply. I've been having better luck with my Mojo but still have a tendency to get lost in the game. I lose my mojo and I just wait for some inspiration to hit and then I'll scrap again. I'm sure others know what I'm talking about. We just plain run out of ideas for a moment! Sooner or later things are kicking back into gear! YAY! For those that stop by and leave comments, I greatly appreciate it. Even stop by just to say Hi.. I will try to get back to your blog too. I hope you have a great day, I hope you enjoy your visit! Sherry

Friday, November 23, 2012

A Real Challenge

HI there,

I was put to the test again this month,  with a local store challenge kit.   Only receiving very small number of papers, only 3 embellishments, we were asked to make a layout, to be voted on by the stores customers.   We were not allowed to add anything boughten or anything that wasn't in the kit.  We could use any medium we wanted..  eg. paints, smooch, inks, sprays, glitter, stickles, modelling pastes, liquid pearls etc. and we could use any kind of adhesive, or foam dots we like..   Although its hard to tell but Hayden's picture is raised up with foam squares which made his cute little face pop from the page.   We could also use any diecuts we have or any punches we choose.   The big rule was no adding anything that was not in the kit.   It is much harder than it sounds!   This is my layout that I created.  The butterflies are a diecut and glitter with double sided tape.  I love making these butterflies, of course the camera doesn't pick up the extreme sparkle they cast off.    All flowers and leaves are handmade and in place of adding any bling, I used liquid pearls in there place, The teal border is glitter and not cardstock, as this kit had no cardstock included, which made it more challenging.  .   Thanks for stopping in,  I hope you find my much simpler layout interesting.  Would love to know when someone visits... Thanks  Sherry


 

5 comments:

  1. Sherry this is a most beautiful page and you've done an amazing job with your limited resources.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI.. I am so glad to have come by here, this layout is stunning, I love all your hand made items, the papers and design are really lovely.. this looks wonderful, well done on creating such an amazing layout with the limited papers you got..

    ReplyDelete
  3. and that middle photo is sooo adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!!! Gorgeous creations on your blog! You do such lovely work!!!
    Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving such a sweet comment! It is greatly appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous page!! Love your sweet butterflies and amazing flower cluster!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate so much, when you stop by and take time to leave me a message. Many thanks to all of you.

Sherry