Translate

My photo
Alberta, Canada
I'm glad you arrived, please do come in.. I hope you enjoy my Homemade crafty items. Feel free to leave a comment and if you have any questions I'll do my best to reply. I've been having better luck with my Mojo but still have a tendency to get lost in the game. I lose my mojo and I just wait for some inspiration to hit and then I'll scrap again. I'm sure others know what I'm talking about. We just plain run out of ideas for a moment! Sooner or later things are kicking back into gear! YAY! For those that stop by and leave comments, I greatly appreciate it. Even stop by just to say Hi.. I will try to get back to your blog too. I hope you have a great day, I hope you enjoy your visit! Sherry

Monday, December 24, 2012

Let It Snow ------- A Difficult Challenge kit for me.

Merry Christmas everyone!!    Santa is almost here!!                   Dec 24th, 2012

Today I'm going to share with you a layout as well the picture of the kit and the limited things I had to work with.    I finally finished after alot of thinking.
The Rules of this challenge was I could ONLY use the paper supplied and the very sparse embellishments.  I could not buy any prefabbed embellishments, or any other papers.   What we could use was any medium out there, Paints, smooch, embossing powder, inks, clays,  so if you wanted an embellishment you had to come up with something yourself. .  So if I wanted flowers I'd have to make too..   SO  after alot of thought I went to town!   Everything was made.  There are several different mediums used..  making silicon moulds.  I made the roses from utee, the birds in Plastic resin,  red flower  centres I made from oven baked clay too.  I used micro fine glitter on sookwang tape.  The "string of white beads"  are white opal  liquid pearls.  The gold fern were painted with Krylon's 18kt. Gold leaving pen..  Ooh this is such a gorgeous gold color.   I wish the camera would pick up all the glitter.. as the gold, Red and White are so sparkly.   The white micro fine glitter is actually called iridescent Diamonds... its full of white, silver and clear teeny tiny fine glitter.. its just so gorgeous I love it.   I will have a long list of supplies listed at the bottom of this layout.  Please drop me a message, its nice to know I have visitors.    I hope you enjoy my creativity with this layout...    Sherry

I have submitted this layout to a Bling challenge And A christmas color challenge too,  over at Funtoolas. And I'm hoping to add it to a Challenge at Flying Unicorn For the  December's  Alter Ego Challenge.





                              Check out the Kit and the spare embellishments I had to work with



     
                                                                                                        
















Supply List

Home for Christmas Paper from Fancy Pants
Martha Stewart Paint - Pearl
Martha Stewart Vine punch
Martha Stewart Fern punch
Martha Stewart Heart border punch
Martha Stewarts Border punch
Micro Fine Glitter
Sookwang double sided tape
in gold, Red, Iridescent Diamond white
Versa Mark
Ranger STICKY Embossing Powder
Clear, White, Gold Utee from Ranger
Plastic Resin
Oven back Clay
Silicon moulds
Cricut
Liquid Pearls in Opal White and Peacock
Apple Barrel White Gloss Paint
Krylon 18kt. Gold Leafing Pen 
Red velvet Ribbon
Glue Dots mini size
Scotch Quick dry adhesive



MERRY CHRISTMAS To ALL

1 comment:

  1. Sherry this is so pretty, I love the way you've framed the page and the white birds look gorgeous along with all the snowflakes.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate so much, when you stop by and take time to leave me a message. Many thanks to all of you.

Sherry