Translate

My photo
Alberta, Canada
I'm glad you arrived, please do come in.. I hope you enjoy my Homemade crafty items. Feel free to leave a comment and if you have any questions I'll do my best to reply. I've been having better luck with my Mojo but still have a tendency to get lost in the game. I lose my mojo and I just wait for some inspiration to hit and then I'll scrap again. I'm sure others know what I'm talking about. We just plain run out of ideas for a moment! Sooner or later things are kicking back into gear! YAY! For those that stop by and leave comments, I greatly appreciate it. Even stop by just to say Hi.. I will try to get back to your blog too. I hope you have a great day, I hope you enjoy your visit! Sherry

Saturday, December 1, 2012

My first time submitting layout won the Scrapbook Carnival Layout contest


In Sept our city had an annual scrapbook carnival, hosted by the creators of the Canadian Scrapbooker Magazine.  As part of the 2 day event there was a scrapbook layout contest, where we could submit out work for a possibility of being chosen to be published. I was then shown two prizes to be won, first was a  Digital Sony 8 inch printer that prints 4x6 pictures on the go and it was also a digtal photo frame so you could show off any of those pictures you loved.   Then I was shown the second prize and it was a scrapbooking package, album, inks, stamps, embellishments things like that.  The cofounder of the magazine was excited at showing what awesome prizes that are up for grabs, but reality set in and I thought there was no way.  I've never submitted ANY of my work, in fear its just not good enough.   The contest ended up with over 130 layouts. I was in awe of all the fantastic work all the other ladies did.  At the end of the second day I was there to pick up my work to take home. This was when they announced the winner.  So standing and waiting they picked up the.. Digital Sony 8 inch printer  and said the Winner of this fantastic prize goes to the lady that did This layout... and they held up MINE!!!
MINE!!  I was in shock, my eyes began to well up and in that spilt second I told myself.. don't cry Don't cry... everyone is gonna think i'm crazy don't cry!!  LOL   I managed to hold it in as I walked up and was presented this awesome prize.   I have to say I was alittle shell shocked..  first I was chosen to win,  which meant my very first submission was going to be published in a magazine and if THAT wasn't enough... I got this AWESOME prize..  Gotta say after I went back to where I was standing.. holding my layout in my hand and the Sony Digital printer, my emotions did get the better part of me and a couple tears managed to work there way out!  LOL  I was truly shocked, honoured and thrilled all at the same time.  Never feeling good enough has always been there, but for that moment I felt very proud.

My layout is now published in the Dec Issue the the Canadian Scrapbooker Magazine.  I however was just a wee bit disappointed with the process of printing magazines (maybe?), but my layout looks totally different.  I'm happy its published but I wish everyone really seen that glistening Gold with layers and layer of gold papers.   What it looks like the gold is kind of gray paper..  I will post of picture of both the actually picture and the published one.  Don't get me wrong.. I'm still published, I just wished that everyone that looks would actually get to see what it REALLY looked like.  

                                                                   MY LAYOUT





          Proud to say I'm published in December's issue of the  Canadian Scrapbooker Magazine

Very different from the original.
ANYWAY.  If anyone does see it you will know that its really a GLEAMING Gold with 7 layers of Paper and gold glitter board.  Thanks for stopping by I hope you don't mine my excitement for myself.    I hope that someday I will be published again or be good enough to be a guest designer for somewhere..   practice practice practice!!!     Say hi if you stop in.   THANKS  SHERRY

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on being published, it is too bad the gold doesnt show up well in the picture. I wonder if that is a camera issue or processing. Looks great either way, but do love the original as all the colours pop better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, what a beautiful layout.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sherry! Congrats on the win!!!!! But no surprise to me at all! Your work is always amazing! And I stopped by to wish you and your family a Merry Christmas!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Huge congratulations!! I can see why your layout was selected. It is gorgeous!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate so much, when you stop by and take time to leave me a message. Many thanks to all of you.

Sherry